APN configuration for your Connected Device
The APN (Access Point Name) is an essential parameter to enable your connected device to connect to the Expedy M2M data network. To ensure that your device works correctly, follow these steps to configure the APN “em”.
Step 1: Access network settings
- Switch on your connected device.
- Access your device’s settings menu. The steps to do this may vary according to your device model, but you’ll usually find the “Settings” or “Network” option in the main menu.
Step 2: Access mobile data settings
- In the settings menu, look for “Mobile network” or “Mobile data”. Select this option to access the mobile data settings.
Step 3: Configuring the APN
- In the mobile data settings, look for the “APN” or “Access point names” option.
- You’ll see a list of APNs already configured on your device. To add a new APN, press the “Add” or “New APN” icon (this option may vary depending on your device’s operating system).
- Fill in the required fields with the following information:
- Name: em
- APN : em
Make sure the other fields are empty.
Step 4: Save configuration
- Once you have entered the required information, press “Save” or “Validate” to save the APN configuration.
- Return to the main mobile data settings screen.
- Depending on your model of connected device, it may be necessary to restart the device to take into account the new APN configuration.
Step 5: Activate mobile data
- Make sure that mobile data is enabled. You can do this by checking the “Mobile data” option or by activating the corresponding switch.
APN configuration is key to ensuring a stable and reliable Internet connection on your connected device. Be sure to follow these steps precisely to take full advantage of Expedy’s M2M data services.